Real estate has long been the go-to investment for those looking to build long-term wealth for generations. Let us help you navigate this asset class by signing up for our comprehensive real estate investing guide.
Let's face it: We all get a little down sometimes. No matter how successful, there are always times we question ourselves. We wonder if we're good enough or smart enough or if we have what it takes to achieve those goals and dreams. That's certainly true in the high-stakes world of real estate -- especially in an economic downturn like we're dealing with today thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Are you feeling down or discouraged about your investing career lately? Just need some inspiration to keep you going? These real estate investment quotes can help.
General real estate and property investment
- "Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined. The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate." -- Andrew Carnegie, industrialist
- "A funny thing happens in real estate. When it comes back, it comes back up like gangbusters." -- Barbara Corcoran, investor
- "Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd U.S. president
- "Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever-increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security." -- Russell Sage, financier
- "In real estate, you make 10% of your money because you're a genius and 90% because you catch a great wave." -- Jeff Greene, entrepreneur
- "In the real estate business, you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government -- probably than any other profession that I know of." -- Johnny Isakson, politician
- "Perhaps the secret to making a billion dollars in real estate is that there is no secret." -- David Lichtenstein, real estate investor
- "Now, one thing I tell everyone is, learn about real estate. Repeat after me: Real estate provides the highest returns, the greatest values, and the least risk." -- Armstrong Williams, entrepreneur and political commentator
Residential real estate and home flipping
- "Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried-and-true means of building an individual's cash flow and wealth." -- Robert Kiyosaki, author
- "The house you looked at today and wanted to think about until tomorrow may be the same house someone looked at yesterday and will buy today." -- Koki Adasi, real estate agent
- "I will forever believe that buying a home is a great investment. Why? Because you can't live in a stock certificate. You can't live in a mutual fund." -- Oprah Winfrey, TV personality
- "Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. president
- "Owning a home is a keystone of wealth -- both financial affluence and emotional security." -- Suze Orman, financial adviser
- "Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful." -- Hazrat Inayat Khan, spiritual leader
- "Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good results." -- Warren Buffett, entrepreneur
Rental and residential property investing
- "Landlords grow rich in their sleep without working, risking, or economizing." -- John Stuart Mill, philosopher
- "The bottom line: Investing in real estate is smart because property is tangible. People always have and always will need shelter." -- Kathy Fettke, investor
- "If you don't own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one." -- John Paulson, billionaire
- "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." -- Warren Buffett, entrepreneur
- "Life is a lease, and God is the landlord." -- Sarah Strohmeyer, author
Real estate development
- "Find out where the people are going, and buy the land before they get there." -- William Penn Adair, politician
- "The smallest patch of green to arrest the monotony of asphalt and concrete is as important to the value of real estate as streets, sewers, and convenient shopping." -- James Felt, city planner
- "In any market, in any country, there are developers who make money." -- Sarah Beeny, entrepreneur and broadcaster
- "The major fortunes in America have been made in land." -- John D. Rockefeller, entrepreneur
- "Buy real estate in areas where the path exists, and buy more real estate where there is no path, but you can create your own." -- David Waronker, investor
- "I have developer's disease. I love to sit at a drafting table and draw plans for hotels, wrestling with problems of traffic and the flow of people. That's what turns me on." -- Steve Wynn, businessman
- "Land monopoly is not only monopoly, but it is by far the greatest of monopolies; it is a perpetual monopoly, and it is the mother of all other forms of monopoly." -- Winston Churchill, politician
Entrepreneurship and successful investing
- "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." -- Gregory Peck, actor
- "Investing should be like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, go to Las Vegas." -- Paul Samuelson, economist
- "The investor's chief problem and even his worst enemy is likely to be himself." -- Benjamin Graham, economist
- "The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth." -- Warren Buffett, entrepreneur
- "Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time." -- John Rohn, entrepreneur
- "When you invest, you are buying a day that you don't have to work." -- Aya Laraya, Realtor and investor
Keep being inspired
Need more than just inspiring quotes? Want to learn more about the real estate industry or how to find financial freedom through real estate? Check out our interviews with seasoned real estate investors Cody Sperber, David Wieland, Grant Cardone, and Bruce Ailion.
11% of the mega-wealthy swear by this investment…
The richest in the world have made their fortunes in many ways, but there is one common thread for many of them: They made real estate a core part of their investment strategy. Of all the ways the ultra-rich made their fortunes, real estate outpaced every other method 3 to 1.
If you, too, want to invest like the wealthiest in the world, we have a complete guide on what you need to take your first steps. Take the first step toward building real wealth by getting your free copy today. Simply click here to receive your free guide.